Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oi you gitz!

I had to get me some flash gitz – yes I know they kinda suck – in order to fill the last slot in my "swedish comp tourney list". So after looking through a ton of posts on the internetz regarding flash gitz I kinda settled on just making them look different compared to the nobz and boyz.

OI!

At first I wanted to go with the Badrukk/pirate look. But when browsing Micro Art for their new(-ish) hardfoam terrain I decided that I could just as well go for the German WW1 ork bodies and heads. Not as true to the fluff as pirates but I've always wanted to own a bunch of them. :)

The bodies aren't really plug-n-play with regular ork boyz arms. So I had to do a bunch of filing and dry fitting. And unfortunately all that also meant that I have to prime and paint them with arms and guns on.

Git' em!
The hard foam fortification was kinda nice (and not really expensive). Since it's made out of some foam it's really light. But still sturdy. The foam is kinda hard but not brittle like regular styrofoam. I will be putting mine on a thin sheet of MDF though. Just to protect the edges of it. There are some air bubbles and other irregularities from the casting. Although nothing that really should matter unless you're using it for your Golden Demon entry or something. (And then there's a resin one which I suppose is of better quality).

Some bubbles
Aaaand... as you suspect. It's into the cupboard with the gitz and hardfoam until I've gotten round to finish Mek Buzzgob that will act as a stand in Big Mek with powerklaw in my tourney army. Click the "read more" if you want to check the list out. If not I leave you with a very-very WIP-ish Buzzgob!

Big Mek Buzzgob



HQ
   1 Big Mek, 65 pts (Bosspole; Power Klaw)


Elite
   6 Lootas, 90 pts
   6 Lootas, 90 pts


Troops
   19 Gretchin, 87 pts
      3 Runtherd
   29 Boyz, 215 pts (Big Shoota x3)
      1 Boyz Nob (Bosspole; Big Choppa)
   29 Boyz, 215 pts (Big Shoota x3)
      1 Boyz Nob (Bosspole; Big Choppa)
   19 Boyz, 160 pts
      1 Boyz Nob (Bosspole; Power Klaw)
   19 Boyz, 160 pts
      1 Boyz Nob (Bosspole; Power Klaw)
   1 Deff Dread, 105 pts (Count as Troop Troops; Dreadnought CCW x2)


Heavy Support
   3 Killer Kans, 150 pts (Rokkit Launcha x3)
   6 Flash Gitz, 180 pts (More Dakka)
   1 Battlewagon, 115 pts (Armour Plates; Big Shoota x3)


Fast Attack
   2 Deffkoptas, 115 pts (Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha x2; Buzzsaw x1)


Which gives me a comp score of 40. Which is "kinda fluffy and nice" apparently. We'll see once I get around to do any tournaments. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment