Wednesday, October 13, 2010

On the bench: Stompa


The headline should perhaps read "In the box". But it's out of the box, but in the box... gaaaah I'z makin' me krazy!

Anyhow. First coats done with the airbrush. Now it's time for all the fiddly detailing. All nuts and bolts have to be picked out. The rockits have to be painted in bold colors etc etc...

One of the major problems I have with the airbrush is knowing when to stop. It's awesome for doing some stuff. Like the shading I did on all the plates and general basecoating. But I always try to force myself doing stuff better done with a brush. Ending in me having to cover up mistakes and overspray later on. Is this common? Do you do the same mistakes I do?

I should replace that filter. Remember me the next time I pull out the spray booth.

2 comments:

  1. You have reminded me that I have never finished painting my Stompa, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a daunting task. I bet you aren't alone. It wouldn't surprise me if my Stompa get's half painted and then I just put it in the cupboard together with all the other projects never to be finished...

    ReplyDelete